Subject: [Leica] Re: Viewing filter for B&W tonal values
From: Iain.Dawson@ea.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:09:40 +1000

     I am not convinced that anyone really needs to spend $25 or $50 on a
     viewing filter.  You can get a rough approximation by looking through
     blue acrylic plastic.  I have used an small offcut for many years.
     Its about 4cm x 3cm.  I rounded the edges and drilled a small hole in
     the corner to put some string through (so I wouldn't lose it).  Total
     cost zero. At this price you can afford to experiment with different
     shades of blue until you get what you want.  If you really need to be
     more accurate try a B&W polaroid. Maybe I'll glue some blue cellophane
     to the viewfinder of my M6....

     Iain Dawson