Subject: [Leica] Re: Best Hasselblad lens (was Contax v.Leica) etc
From: Iain.Dawson@ea.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:04:32 +1000

     I think "best" lens needs qualification to resolve the issue (no pun
     intended).  Never having used either the H'blad 100 or 180mm lenses
     but having read some H'blad promotional material I am under the
     impression that the 180mm scores very highly for resolution, whereas
     the emphasis is on geometry as well as sharpness with the 100mm.  The
     main point is that "best" can only be defined in relation to an
     application, whether referring to Leica or other brands.  I am fairly
     certain, for example, that Leica does not make the best SLR autofocus
     lenses.

     Iain Dawson