Subject: Re: [Leica] Step Up, Down Rings for R Filters
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:39:37 -0400

Greg and Roy:

I have in front of me a 90mm Elmarit-R with a B&W adapter ring that
converts the Series VII 54mm threads to 55mm threads.  It is part 6d
55EI-54EA.  This was ordered in by Reid Sweet along with the stepping ring
Greg now has.

The one problem with this adaption on the Elmarit is the hood will not
clear some 55mm filters.  There was a trim ring on the second section of
the hood I had to remove to allow it to extend while these filters were
attached.  Before ordering one of these adapter rings, check to see of your
hood will extend past the filter.  This is especially important with
polarizers which can be rather large.

Regards,

Robert