Subject: [Leica] step up/step down ring
From: "Greg Bicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:59:04 -0700

Hi Roy,

I have searched for one of those a long time.  I'm told that the actual name
for this is a step-up ring.

Most of my lenses are 60mm filter size, and my Summicron takes a 55mm
filter, so my polarizer won't work...I just found one in Halifax, Nova
Scotia.  The url of Reid Sweet/Retail Photographics is ReidSweet.com.  The
Manager's name is Bruce Burns the phone is 902 423 8381, and the fax is 902
429 3029.  BTW, all this info came to me from helpful Robert G. Stevens, one
of our fellow LUGgers, who put me onto Bruce, and to whom I must say thanks
again.

It is a B+H part [Leica does not make one], and the numbers on my new ring
are (4b) 60EI-55EA.  The male threads are 55mm, and the female, 60mm
permitting the use of 60 mm filters on a lens with 55mm filter size.   The
cost of the new ring, delivered in Denver USA was less than U$23.

Your instincts are correct, this is a damned hard thing to find, in my
experience.  I hope this helps.

Enjoy the light.

Greg Bicket