Subject: [Leica] re: I for one am glad Kodachrome is dead or dying
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 98 11:08:59 +1100

"Kotsinadelis, Peter" <peterk@lucent.com> wrote:

>  All the new E-6 films can reproduce purple and
>  other colors much more accurate comparable and
>  often better grain than K25 or K64.

Peter,

Oh how I agree!

I haven't used K64 for > 10 years, but a couple of
weeks ago I thought I'd give it a buz with my 90mm
f2.0 Summicron R.

Got the film back 2 weeks later (still so slow!)
and the results were appalling.  What really freaked
me out, alongside the lack of colour (let alone saturation)
was the almost nil exposure range - anything + or -
1 stop was either pitch black or burnt white.

Of course I know slide film is more picky than C41,
but I didn't realise it was *that* bad.

How hopeless.  Back to trusted & true PJ100 for me!

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

VR MEDIA  SOUND  PHOTO  JAVA
nemeng  Warrimoo   Australia