Subject: [Leica] Re: Gary & Halogen lights
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:42:36 -0800

Gary,

What usually happens when a post, like your original post, hits the LUG, is
the world supply of halogen lights is suddenly depleted. I believe Ted,
Walt, and I were simply attempting to stop the stampede. I could envision
Leica repair throughout the world being inundated with lenses with specs
only visible via halogen lights. I was attempting to NOT sound like I was
jumping down anyone's throat. I apologize. I was simply saying that if
everyone does what you did... there will be Leica lens (and any other brand
as well) chaos. And yes, IF I bought a new lens, and IF I looked at it with
a halogen light, and IF it had junk in it, I would indeed take it back. But
I don't do that, so I guess I'll never know.

Use the light,

make great photographs,

Jim