Subject: Re: [Leica] consolidating my photo system....
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:42:48 -0500

Alan Ball,

>>On my side, I've become unsound because of the sort<<
>>of virus..........through the LUG..........& bought a R8<<

First & foremost, Congrats!  However, someone should
sample LUG members &  substantiate the existence of
virtual viruses...........the unique LUG Disease (&>) !

>>from 21mm to the 90mm on the M side, overlapping with<<
       >>100, but adding macro & 180 on the R side<<

    >>This is the most silent SLR (R8) I have ever tried<<

You'll discover that the R8 lends itself to hand held work
as well. Its mirror vibration is verrry well dampened allowing
you to work at lower shutter speeds & get excellent results.

Thus, aside from the extra mass of the R8, which may be of
more benefit anyway; choosing a specific focal length may
be more based on individual optical preferences. Just an
opinion (&>)!

Besides, look at the "kettle of fish" that I'm currently embroiled
in; trying to sort out what M lenses to buy & what R lenses to
keep............symptomatic of advanced LUG disease (&>) !

Tom D.