Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Halogen light and lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:55:53 -0600

>You don't need to test but you just
>shoot.  Thats great for you but if it is true you are sure wasting a lot of
>money.  Why buy Leica if your not getting more than Nikon or Canon?

How could you possibly come up with this conclusion from what Ted said.
Clean out of the box means nothing over Canon and Nikon. Performance in the
field, regardless of speckies does.

It's not how it comes out of the box that counts, it's how it modulates
light. I think this scratches inside Leica lenses is a red herring. It
happens to one or two guys, and it's a trend? I don't think so.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken
seriously. Hubert Humphrey