Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Batteries
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:20:09 -0500

Berthold-
I think the reason I love the IIIf and M3 that I have is that they follow
the KISS principle- Keep I Simple, Stupid! :)
I have found that over the years, the more bells and whistles there are,
then there is more to go wrong, break or get out of adjustment. An old
Luna-Pro or Weston Master V works just fine- lasts a long time, and if it
get too pricey, replace it. The camera keeps on chugging! The IIIf I have, I
think it is deceptively simple- there is a simple mechanism that has worked
without significant modification for over 60 years, never breaks unless
abused, it seems, and only needs periodic cleaning and lubrication ( every
twenty years or so).
I think the only virus working on you my friend is the "Practicality Virus"!
Besides working so well, they look like a camera!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com