Subject: Re: [Leica] [no Leica] not so Porsche anology
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:07:56 -0500

Well- I went to a wedding this past weekend, as a guest not photographer,
and one of the other guests showed up with his wife in a 1963 4 cam coupe,
in the original Porsche silver, unrestored but in showroom condition- made
me remember why I loved the car when I was in high school. I also thought
they were way overpriced, so I never got one.
To keep it on topic- I also took a Noctilux which a dear friend loaned to me
(At least I think I'm a dear friend- because if I had a Nocti... I wouldn't
loan it out to just anybody!).
In printing the negs, I had the impression that I could have gotten by with
another notch on the speed dial- some negatives were just about OVEREXPOSED.
You may find it hard to get a used one- I haven't seen too many. Apparently
anyone who gets a Noctilux bonds with it and keeps it until death doth part
them! Given the few used ones that I've seen out there, however, I am
inclined to believe that most owners choose to be buried with their Noctis
when they pass.
Recently I've seen two used ones- one at KEH for $1389, and one mint in the
box somewhere else for $1995. Once the bug bites you, you are a goner!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com