Subject: Re: [Leica] Request for Advice
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 22:52:33 -0600

Ted,

One of the best shots of me was made by my 2 1/2 year old daugher.  I
gave her my Contax G2 - I know not leica, but it is af and such, and she
got a good shot of me.  She will pose for me then say, now i want to take
a picture of you.

Last week I took her down to the basement and showed her my dark room.
She said "When I grow up I wanna be a man!"  I asked her why and she said
"So I can be like you."

I told her that she could do all the things I do and be a woman, but a 2
year old has a hard time understanding the gender thing!

It is fun being a parent and I have learned that I would rather spend
time with her than working.  I just turn down shoots to spend time doing
fun stuff with her.  Yes, I am making less money, but my life if far
richer for the lost revenue.

Please note I DO NOT reccomend giving a child a camera like a G2, unless
you have a lot of money to spend.  It is a really nice little camera, but
way to expensive for a child to break.

Ted Grant wrote

>just let them expose film and have
>fun doing it for the first few rolls.  Then as the film is processed and
>prints made, you can start with a few "technical and seeing" things.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
new book at http://www.volmania.com