Subject: [Leica] Contact Sheets/File System
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:52:00 EST

After being away from photography for many years I have really enjoyed this
past year.   The answers that LUGGERS have give me have always been broad and
deep. I have learned a great deal from you.

I realized today that something is really bothering me and that is making
contact prints.  I despise being disorganized.  I enjoy developing film and I
am beginning to enjoy printing because the outcome has improved dramatically.

I understand the importance of contact sheets but I dread making them.  I must
be doing something wrong because I end up with negatives all over my counter
(which I hate to touch).     It's a pain in the ass to remove the negatives
from the sleeves, place properly on top of the paper and close the glass over
the paper before exposing under the enlarger.  I must be doing something
wrong.   I finally figured out today that I can leave the negatives in the
negative holders and lay it on top of the paper.  This does make it easier but
you can sure tell the difference in the quality of the contact sheet by doing
it this way.

I am currently using the Archival Negative Preservers which are clear poly.
They seem to be ok but there may be something out there better.

I would appreciate hearing your recommendations on contact sheets and negative
storage systems.

Thanks,

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC.