Subject: Re: [Leica] Contact Sheets/File System
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 22:05:00 -0800

Bob Bedwell wrote:

<<<<<<<I finally figured out today that I can leave the negatives in the
>negative holders and lay it on top of the paper.  This does make it easier but
>you can sure tell the difference in the quality of the contact sheet by doing
>it this way.
>
>I am currently using the Archival Negative Preservers which are clear poly.
>They seem to be ok but there may be something out there better.>>>>>>>>>

Hi Bob,

Leave the neg strips in the sleeves and when you make the contact press
down on the edges of the glass urng the exposure as that make s a better
contact rather than just letting the glass ly on top of the neg sheet
without any pressure.

It you don't put the pressure on you.'' get out of focus and sor soft spots
all over the place. and the contacs look terrible and you'll hardly be able
to read them.

You can hold down the glass and still trip the timer by placin it right
beside the enlarging table or counter.

Been doing it this way for years and it works very well.

There are other types of contact holders that lock down to maintain the
pressure, but of course they cost more money and you already have a good
contact printer. Just get the hands organized for pressing down tightly on
the edges of the glass and you'll be fine.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant