Subject: Re: [Leica] Accuracy of x.72 range finder
From: Nathan Wajsman <>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:02:32 +0100

According to the table from Erwin I quoted in my previous post, the
corresponding theoretical maximum aperture with 90mm on an M3 is f2.17.
While I have no experience with the 90mm Summicrons, I certainly find
that my 90mm Elmarit (and my 135mm lenses) is far easier to focus on my
M3 than on my M6.

Thomas J. Donovan wrote:

> Nathan Wajsman et al,
> >>90mm:  f2.71 ( so the Elmarit comes close, while<<
>                    >>the Summicron exceeds it<<
> I'm curious what your experience has been with the
> x.85 rangefinder & the 90 f2.  I had a very difficult time
> with the x.72 & the 90 f2.8; getting those critical areas
> in focus. & yes, my rangefinder was in alignment!
> I might think about getting back into Ms if the
> X.85( 90 f2 apo ) can focus quickly & accurately;
> working at full frame ( more or less ) portrait
> distances.
> Tom D.

- --
Nathan Wajsman