Subject: [Leica] The joy of tripods
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:13:56 +0100

Erwin has been admonishing us all that to get the best out of the Leica
lenses one has to use slow films and a tripod. While this is obviously
not practicable in all (or most) Leica photography, I did take this
advice when we had the first nice freezing morning of the year, with
frozen plans and twigs in the garden (my famous backyard). I took my
heavy Bogen (Manfrotto) tripod, M3 loaded with Delta 100, and the 135mm
Apo Telyt. I also took some close-ups of an antique sewing machine and
an antique doll's face. The results are amazing. I have not scanned and
printed the negatives yet, but looking at them on the light table with a
10x loupe, it is clear that this is one sharp lens, with wonderful tones
as well. With this lens, the tripod certainly proved its value!

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium