Subject: [Leica] Early production problems
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:56:46 -0500

Harrison & Nigel,

>>R8'ers shouldn't feel badly. The F5 (& F4) had its<<
>>share of early early-production problems as well<<
        >>......adopted the policy to wait one year<<

At the time, I was a little "peeved"; however, Leica USA
replaced the R8s immediately. They dealt with me in
a highly professional manner. Quick & graciously!

It's good to get a perspective on other new entries, such
as Nikon's flagship models, the F4 & F5.  A little context
always creates a better understanding.

As to whether I can wait a year; that's asking a lot (&>)!

Tom D.