Subject: Re: [Leica] UPI Major news service??? Was Leicas's Development & Managment
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:05:20 -0800

Harrison wrote: about UPI!

>Plus the APes need the competition. Most of them have gone on to much
>bigger things. They always had the best shooters IMHO.)>>>>>>>>

Hi Harrison,

aw yer bias boy! :) But then I can say that, given I shot for UPI and then
in Canada it became United Press Canada, then Reuters.

But the intersting thing about UPI is that the young guys who worked with
the original office in Ottawa have all gone on to bigger and better jobs
with the AP or Reuters or I believe AFP.

Some of them have become bureau photo chief and one has just become the
photo-editor for the new Canadian newspaper, "The National".

So your comment, "They always had the best shooters IMHO>>>>> certainly has
merit.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant