Subject: RE: [Leica] war photographers
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:06:44 -0000

Donal,
I don't know Gene, I merely know of his work, his book, his reputation, his
clients, widely regarded (in England I suppose) as the best printer in his
time here. Larry Bartlett probably gave him a run for his money but he died,
sadly, a year or so ago. Jon Tarrant handled the sale of all of his (seven
or eight) V35s.
Seems like a 'helluva guy', I'm not surprised you can trust his work. Sorry
to hear he's caught in the horns of a dilemma re: his domicilic location
(phew! almost getting literary here...) .
I can imagine those Friday evenings would be rather enjoyable.

Jem