Subject: RE: [Leica] Why R sales down...
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:12:17 +0100 (MET)

At 13:08 29/11/1998 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:

>And as for capitalism...it is what makes the world go round...and makes
>Leica produce the M....it sells...

Yes, of course... if I made similar, contrary statements, I would immediately
have the whole dog team behind me, flaming me, burning my ass. You've got
strange standards for "tolerance", gentlemen.

And as for capitalism...go to South East Asia, go to Russia, go to Africa,
go to Latin America, anywhere, and see how the world goes round, and for whom.
Capitalism is full of inner antagonisms, and is bound to die. This is
evident. You are photographers, so open your eyes!

Leica produce the M & R, and they sell..., but less. Less people can afford
them, even in the Land of Plenty. The world is changing. One day Leica will
be a souvenir, people will still go on making pictures, some of them great.
Wondering if sales goes up, or down is boring, and irrelevant for photography.

Oddmund