Subject: Re: [Leica] Why R sales down...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:25:54 -0600

>I would have upgraded in a "heartbeat" to a new R-24,
>R-35, & R-90 patterned off the latest M apo/ASPH lenses.

Tom,

What's stopping you from upgrading to the 35 Summilux R? The tests I've
seen (and I've owned two of them) show that it's only slightly behind the
35 Summilux ASPH in image quality. It's an amazing lens when used in it's
element. Available light. It does have a bit of fall-off wide open which is
not terribly bothersome if you can print or scan with any skill.

The R line had many upgrades, so don't worry, there is going to be upgrades
in the R system some day. Leica is too small to do all this change all this
fast.

But I'm sure you're right about needing such lenses. I bet they could sell
a boatload of  90 Summicron R APO ASPH if they'd get them on the market. R
or M.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He's not dead, He's electroencephalographically challenged.