Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica M GRIP
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:46:52 -0000

Ben,
As Tom's away I'll reply with what little I know about rapidwinders and
grips.

I bought my rapidwinder s/h and returned it to Tom for an overhaul. he
replied it had been one of the very first batch and that the 2 screw holes
in the base were there from having originally held a grip in a similar
position to the GRP or Leica grip position.

So I guess its not a case of grips on rapidwinders being 'in the works' (or
maybe they are) but a case of they have been, 'in the works' that it.
Either way, I'd lay even money on Tom being able to customise your
rapidwinder with a grip if that's what you want.

And if you want the grip to be lurid purple then I'm sure that would be OK
too!

Jem