Subject: [Leica] First 28mm M lens
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 18:17:12 -0000

Guys, girls,
This is my first post like this but I could appreciate some advice.

There's a cheap 28mm Elmarit-M (1st version) for 350GBP for sale (USD$580)
and I'm wondering about replacing my Ricoh 28mm lens (from the GR1).

Does anyone have experiences with both? I would have thought that the
differences would be negligible, though I'd expect later 28mm Elmarits to
outsmart the Ricoh. (I've read Erwin's pages and he reckons the Elmarit is
good from f5.6 but low in contrast till then.)

On the positive side I'll have a Leitz lens and feel content (subjective
psychologically good reason), on the negative side I know its heavier and
bulkier (objective bad reason) and will need a session on 'the grinding
wheel' before I can meter with it on the M6.

Finally, does anyone have an old 28mm Elmarit-M they want to sell cheaper
than the price/s above?
And might anyone want a (rare black) Ricoh GR 28mm lens?

Jem