Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M GRIP
From: bentua <debugger@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:24:04 -0800

I have one and I have mixed feelings about it.  It does improve the
grip, but I think not enough as it should.  I would prefer it to
protrude out less and go "inward" (toward the lens) a bit more.

My main objection, though, is the extra height it adds to the body at
the bottom.  I carry my M6HM by grasping the body, my fingers at the
bottom plate and my thumb at the top.  The added height makes doing this
less comfortable, especially with a heavy lens such as the Noctilux.

For improved grip, I now just put electric tape in the parts of the body
where my hands/fingers would grasp it.

Now, I hear there is a rapidwinder with an integrated grip in the
works.  If I were to use a rapidwinder (which I want to), and it would
increase the height of the body anyway, then I would prefer it to come
with a grip.  I hope this grip is more ergonometric than the Leica one.

Ben