Subject: Re: [Leica] Food for thought for Thanksgiving
From: Thomas Pastorello <tmp@mailbox.syr.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:26:38 -0500 (EST)

Another clarification to Arturo and Tom D. :
   I think one does not have to argue whether the non-ASPH or ASPH lenses
are better.  They are simply different.  They will test differently on the
same type of test.  The ASPH's will test better on standard measures; the
non-ASPH's will test better on the edge spread width criterion.  If I may
add a subjective note, however, there is one test by which the traditional
pre-ASPH Leica M lenses will always test best:  the interoccular impact
test!   Tom P.