Subject: [Leica] What gives?
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@whalentennis.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:27:42 -0500

  In my short stay here in the LUG it seems to me that this newsgroup is
more concerned
with literary "one upsmanship" than Leica info.  Seems that some people
envision
themselves more as great writers than photographers.  Perhaps that is an
interesting
sidelight to some but it seems to me that the space could better be used
as it was intended - to discuss Leica products
and problems.  Maybe personal e-mail would be a better way to show your
writing prowess - or lack
thereof.   Just my opinion.