Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P, still usable ?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:55:06 EST

It is very usable.  You would have to ask a Leica repair technician if
the innards are identical with the M6, but for all intents and purposes
they likely are quite nearly so.  Externally, the M4-P has a notch in the
shutter speed dial to accept an MR-4 meter.  The later ones even had the
plastic strap-rub strips above the lugs, and the bottom-silvered
viewfinder of the M6.  The M4-2 (lacks 28 and 75 framelines but the
periphery of the viewfinder is actually 28mm frame) and M4-P are good
bargains today if you can live without the built-in meter, in the same
way a used M6 is a good bargain if you can live without TTL flash.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:17:51 +0100 Christian Payot
<christian.payot@span.ch> writes:
>Is a leica M4-p still a usable camera? I know, no metering.
>Is it simply a 'M6 -' or is it a very different camera ?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]