Subject: Re: [Leica] JB, filters, flames, and technique
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:39:57 -0300

At 06:34 PM 21/11/98 +0100, you wrote:

>>         For me, low light performance is why I chose Leica.  I can work in
>> low light environments,  unobtrusively, no flash and still get sharp
>> pictures at wide open apertures.  I have even been known to handhold (GASP!)
>> at 1/8 of a second and, yes it was a usable image.
>>...<CUT>...
>
>Greg,
>
>out of curiosity: are you talking R or M hereabove ?
>
>Alan

        With M cameras. Easier with 35mm and below.  The best I can get with
my Nikons is a 15th consistantly.
        Of course, when you start to get up over 80mm it gets
harder....although it can be done.

        This is the kind of thing you learn (or have) to do working in daily
photojournalism.  Sometimes it make the difference between getting a picture
or not.

cheers,

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney