Subject: Re: [Leica] JB, filters, flames, and technique
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:20:38 -0800

Greg Locke wrote:
  My stock photo archive from many
> years ago consist of B&W negs shot with Nikon, Olympus and Leica lenses.
> When you put those on a light table, side by side, you can see the
> difference in the negs. If the negs exhibit different qualities then one
> would expect the prints made from those negs to exhibit different qualities.

Greg,
That experience is what got me into Leica.  At PJ school, another
student had a Leica and we had shot same event and had negs on light
table and there was not even a question.  Later after I had bought an M2
and still used Nikon, it was easy, even from a distance to see the
difference on the table.  And then we had one Leica enlarger, the
multi-format model.  When we'd blow exposures and had thin negs, that
enlarger and lens and Afga grade 6, save butt.

And I can see difference in brochures and magazines where I have pix
published side by side.  Subtle, but there.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego