Subject: Re: [Leica] the mysterious "you wrote"
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:12:54 -0800

Mary Grace wrote:

>  As long as we are getting things off our chests (bosoms?) - wouldn't it
>  be nice if some LUGgers would be considerate enough to use a name
>  to identify whom they are quoting instead of using the auto "you wrote."
>  To say that your "program does it automatically" is no excuse for what
>  I consider rudeness & ignorance by a fellow Leica user.

>  NO ARCHIVE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Mary Grace,

Not something I do, "you wrote,"  as I quote the writer of a post (if at
all possible), as it then identifies whom I'm specifically responding to.
Besides, as you point out, there is a politness element.

So that being the case, let me ask you a question seeing that all of a
sudden folks are getting on the "NO ARCHIVE" thing.

What or why would you put in your post, "NO ARCHIVE"? Is there something
very significant for not archiving? Or have I miss quoted you?

Please don't be offended, as I ask simply because I see a number of
LUGGITES using the "NO ARCHIVE" tag line to their posts, quite frankly on
words with no significant meaning whatsoever! :)

I mean like,  I've posted some incredible drival here over the past few
years (lots will agree!) :) and if that has been archived I'm actually
honoured to have it happen, as I rarely considered anything I wrote worth
archiving in the first place. :)

No one in the future reading my posts would consider that a rashionally
(?):) intelligent human being would have written them in the first place.
:)  But then some on the LUG do not consider me rash nor intelligent with
some of my wild and wooly posts! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant