Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lug Disease
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:05:24 -0800

Tom wrote:

>> >And I just consolidated on the R-system. Does any-one know if there is
>>a R-90 f2 apo planned? Soon?>>>>>>

Roger replied:

>But, unless you need that extra stop and predictably smaller size
>& weight, Tom, don't overlook the APO-Macro-Elmarit-R
>f/2.8/100mm. Absolutely stunning images and that closeup ability
>w/o accessories is super handy.>>>>>>>>

Hi Tom,

I'm sure you have the 100 macro? And I know you have the 80mm 1.4. So I'd
be saving my money on a 90 for the simple reason of the 10mm's on either
side are not going to make much difference to the above lenses.

I think there are better goodies to come in this next year that your money
might be better spent on. Besides the 80 & 100 are such wonderful tools to
work with, I don't think a 90 would make any difference. A tad faster or
not!

ted