Subject: RE: [Leica] Is a Leica lens like a Bordeaux wine ?
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:58:37 -0500

Boy, Christine, a question like that can start an incredibly long and
contentious thread in this group.  My short answer is that the old lens is
probably not as "sharp," but is likely to be a fine lens with distinctive
and desirable characteristics.  Many people on the list treasure old lenses
even though they have they latest version as well.  Old lenses are certainly
different than the newer generation lenses, but better?  We'll argue about
that forever.  My advice is to start with what you can afford and then send
yourself into bankruptcy by spending as all of your funds on film.

	Buzz