Subject: Re: [Leica] Is a leica lens like a Bordeaux wine ?
From: pchefurka@plaintree.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 98 16:00:55 -0500

     The canonical answer to this question would leically be to take a look
     at the following web site:

     http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

     There is a very good comparison of the different generations of
     Summicron M.

Paul Chefurka

Subject: [Leica] Is a leica lens like a Bordeaux wine ?
Author:  <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us > at internet
Date:    11/17/98 9:34 PM

I am new to this list and I have a question.
I have the opportunity to buy a second hand (but in excellent condition)
a Summicro 2.0 M. The only problem is that the lens is about 25 years
old.
How does it compare with a new Summicron M 2.0 ?

Are Leica lenses like Bordeaux Wines (older = better) or should I better
buy a more recent lens ?

Thank you for your answers.
Regards
 Christian Payot