Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Calendar and NEW CATALOGUE
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:03:44 +0100

Pascal,

You have to understand a couple of things about the USA. First, it is a society
with a Puritan tradition; consequently, it is obsessed with sex in some strange
ways, as we are seeing it right now with the Lewinsky/Clinton affair. Second, it
is a very litigious country, and if someone puts up a picture of naked woman in
their office, chances are good that some co-worker with an axe to grind will sue
the employer for sexual harassment. So, as an act of self-defense, big companies
have policies that prohibit it.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> Such attitude sounds rather hypocrite on behalf of US companies in view
> of recent developments in the States.
> I can tell you that the Emotions 99 calender, including August with the
> tasteful nude, will be hanging in my office at NATO, regardless what some
> prudish persons might think about it!
>
> Pascal

> See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html