Subject: Re: [Leica]M6TTL 2mm
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:37:32 EST

True, as it was for the M5.  But the DR will still *work* on the TTL,
once the modification is made.  It is not a case such as the early 21's
on the M5, where it was un-mountable without causing damage and only a
factory-revised model of the 21 3.4 would fit.

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:07:10 -0500 Frank Dernie
<FrankDernie@compuserve.com> writes:
> nbwatson wrote
>
>"It should not affect the DR Summicron eyes, or the 2.8/135 eyes
>because
>the 2mm is added at the top of the viewfinder (vis. the silvered strip
>on
>top as well as bottom).  The horizontal spacing between windows is
>evidently unchanged."
>
>Mr Watson I believe you have forgotten one feature of the DR Summicron
>or
>its mode of working. The eyes have a pin on them which goes over the
>top of
>the camera in the corner ahead of the shutter speed dial. This
>prevents the
>lens being removed in the close range position, presumably to prevent
>the
>cam ramp damaging the rangefinder roller pivot or something. In fact
>it was
>said when the M6 came out that the DR eyes would not fit due to the
>extra
>thickness caused by the change from a brass sheet pressing to a
>thicker
>wall mazak diecasting for the top plate. Mine does in fact just fit on
>my
>M6 but the clearance to the pin is less than on my M3. It will not be
>possible to use the eyes on a camera taller than standard M6, unless
>the
>pin is removed with the associated risks.
>Cheers Frank

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]