Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB 24mm Finder
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:00:07 -0600

At 05:34 PM 11/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Just sniffing around for one of these.
>Is it superfulous, as I'm told the edges of the M6 finder are about what
>a 24mm is (slightly beyond that of the 28mm brite lines).

I have the 24mm M lens and finder.  I have been using it without the finder
most of the time.  However, I recently came back from a vacation trip and
found that a lot of my inside shots (with some light sources) came out
practically as silhouettes.  this was not a problem I have had with the 35
or 50.  I think that the problem was that as the lens was covering more
than the M6 showed that the ex posure area of the M6 was including more of
the light source than I realized.  Other than that and when you want to
know more closely the framing of the picture - I think that using the M6
without the 24 finder words just fine.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK (soon to be located in Dallas, Tex)