Subject: [Leica] Re: Smile Photo
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 05:42:53 -0800

I have encountered recurring posts in the rec.photo.equipment.35mm newsgroup,
week after week, from individuals who have had problems with Smile, including
bait and switch tactics re camera body and lens orders. I've also seen identical
posts re Abe's of Maine. Thus, your experience does not surprise me. I' ve
ordered uncountable times from Wall Street Camera and B&H (camera bodys and
lenses, meters, and film) and have never experienced a problem. I'm leery of
Tamarkin in New York, though. I recently placed three separate orders and they
messed up all of them.