Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Smile Photo
From: ROBERT FARR <rfarr@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:48:37 -0600

SP wrote:

> I have encountered recurring posts in the rec.photo.equipment.35mm newsgroup,
> week after week, from individuals who have had problems with Smile, including
> bait and switch tactics re camera body and lens orders.

************

And it's not over yet.. I called my credit card company this morning,
and Smile has not yet credited the cancelled order! According to my card
company, they can legally delay crediting the order for 30 days. In
order to avoid interest charges I have to dispute the charge via snail
mail.

The score so far? They lie to get the order, never ship it for a week,
stonewall and fail to return calls, require that I bear long distance
charges to check the order status, and make it necessary for me to
endure a lengthy dispute process in order to rectify the problem. What
do you think the chances are the order will be credited in less than 30
days?

At least my Leica has not let me down :)

Robert