Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL and M7 Clues(shoes)
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:24:28 +0200

>>>And you will have to cut one of the corners of the foot of your
>>>SC-17 (Nikon) extension cord.(Very easy)

Adrian answered:

> Maybe, maybe not - I have used this cord unmodified with my M6s and it
> works ok for the central contact anyhow.

Adrian,

For what I can see on a (regular) M6, the other contacts will not be
at the right places with a M6TTL.   We'll see.

> OTOH I wonder if the M6TTL needs a different SCA adaptor to the R8:
> Bill's comments would indicate as much. That would mean three different
> concurrent flash fittings for Leica (R8, R6.2, M6TTL): not very appealing
> for photojournalism in fastmoving situations...

If I ever buy a M6TTL, the only flash it will share with the R8 will
be the SF20 anyway. (IMO, Metz are to big for the M6)

> Do Leica even make everything in the latest mount (e.g. converters?).

No, only the APO 2X, not the APO 1,4X , and not yet the 90/2.

Cheers,

Lucien