Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL and M7 Clues(shoes)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:50:49 -0600

>The rumours about
>tiny production of preposterously expensive, large yet basic (for 1990s
>PJs) lenses such as the 35-70/2.8 are yet more discouragement.

You know, the way Leica is describing this in their new brochure "Leica:
The Program" it sounds like they intend to make this a series production
lens. These numbers we're getting, I'm willing to bet are just preliminary
limits to the numbers they are doing in early production runs. It's
probably a hard lens to make, since it has an Aspheric lens, right? So it
might be a few years before they can fill the pipeline with adequate
numbers to make everyone happy. Otherwise, I would think they'd be charging
more for it than $3,000 USD.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse