Subject: [Leica] Requiem - Michel Laurent
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:29:00 +0100

I have a book about/from Michel Laurent (1946-1975),
one of the  135 photographers missing or
having been killed in Vietnam.
He died two days before the war ended, the last Western
journalist to be killed there.

The book is a compilation made by his wife (Michele Laurent)
of his photographs (B&W), his letters to her and
photographs of him made by his colleagues (Depardon, etc...).

It's a very nice book (in French), really human.

Michel Laurent
Title : Je pense a vous
200 pages
Editions du Seuil, novembre 1994.
ISBN 2-02-022480-1

N.B.
From what I can see in the book, Laurent was using
Nikon Fs at the beginning, then Leica M? and at the end
2 black M4s and 1 SL Mot with Telyt 400/6,8 .

He received the World Press Photo 1974 thanks to a serie
of photographs from Kissinger made (I think) with
that SL-Mot + 400/6,8.

Lucien