Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mythology v Reality - A Call For A Thoughtful Discussion
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:18:54 -0500

Mike-
I have to add the dreaded 'me too' to that! I think that those who have 'it'
are those whose vision, and way of looking at things have a certain
'universality'- even if they have a unique style, or use unusual
photographic tricks, the images strike a common chord among a large number
of viewers.
Ansel Adams, a great favorite of mine, took what some would consider mundane
landscapes, but to those whose 'chord' is struck, resonate together in their
admiration of, not only how he saw the world, but the way he chose to
present his view to us. I think that  those who have 'it' are able to show
us even mundane, banal objects in such a way as we would never think to look
on our own.
Someone said that there was a difference between looking and seeing- for us
who have trouble seeing, it's nice to have someone like Adams looking for
us!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com