Subject: [Leica] Thank you to Brian
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:41:03 +0100

I notice that various UK LUG contributors have been  saying that they would
like to contribute to this, but have not found a way to get beyond the
"Count me in" stage.

So I reproduce below part of my previous posting, which was designed to
overome the problem  that it is expensive in relation to the sum involved
for one individual to send a small  amount  from the UK via the banking
system.   Please contact me by e-mail or telephone if you would like me to
do more on our behalf.  My proposal only has point if enough people
support it.

 "I would be willing to act as a collecting point for UK Luggers if
anyone wishes, and if there are enough of them, so that the money could be
sent for only one bank fee.  To make it a bit harder for me to abscond with
the money, donors could perhaps pay it into a special account to be opened
for the purpose, at the same time sending a message to LUG and to my
private e-mail saying that they had done so, and the amount.  Or to Brian
and my private e-mail if preferred."

Regards.

JH