Subject: Re: R: [Leica] the beginnings of a darkroom!
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 06:10:57 +0100

Some pieces of darkroom kit which I have found invaluable and not often
mentioned in advice to fresh converts to the darkroom:-

(1) A really good grain focus magnifier (eg Peak top of range model) is a
joy to use compared to a basic one.
(2) A good 15x lupe to weed out the less than spot on focussed negs, on the
light box.
(3) A good low mag lupe that lets you see the whole frame on the contact
print sheet, without distortion, without having to move your eye around,
and letting in plenty of light.

I've had the first two for years, but only recently got the last. It has
enabled me to see potential in contact sheets that I hadn't seen
originally.

Mike