Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom questions
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:34:03 -0700

Leon,
I am far from an expert, but my understanding is that compounds containing
silver are the only common photo chemicals that are bad for septic systems.
And used fixer is the main one to be concerned with. I hope we are all
saving our old fixer and removing the silver. A local lab allows me to dump
mine through their silver recovery system to our mutual benefit. Obvously
compounds with cyanide are bad, but they are not so common. I suspect that a
bit of ppoking around on the web would provide a lot more info. Enjoy your
new house and darkroom.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson