Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W / Color--Kodalure?
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:36:05 +0000

 One of the first things I
>want to do when I get set up is reprint some of my color work in B&W.
>
>Can any of you recommend Kodalure??

I think you mean Panalure. Don't bother. I recently made a black and white
print from a color neg on variable contrast paper for a client. Print times
were longer but I could even manipulate the contrast with the filters. I
was pleasantly surprised by the results, ie, full tonal range. I don't
think anyone would suspect the print was made from a color neg. I'm not
planning on making a practice of this but in those instances where I need a
black and white print from a color neg I'm doing it myself.

Bill Franson