Subject: Re: [Leica] loading TMLs
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:08:56 -0400 (EDT)

> To load film I just set the shutter speed dial at B or T, load the
> film on to the spool and then insert film cannister and spool in the
> camera.  I then open the shutter (and hold it open) and give the film
> a nudge into place through the lens opening (lens removed)with my
> thumb or forefinger.

I'll second that.  I've used this technique for years with no
problems.  In fact, until very recently, I wasn't even aware that you
were supposed to trim the leaders.

The trade-off is between carrying fewer tools and spending a little
more time in preparation, which goes hand in hand with the Leica
mentality that so many of us admire!

Andrew