Subject: Re: [Leica] loading TMLs
From: drbledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:29:52 -0700 (PDT)

FWIW:

I never cut film leaders for TML cameras.  I came across two of the
Leitz film cutting templates and tried them.  What a waste of time.  I
sold them both.

To load film I just set the shutter speed dial at B or T, load the
film on to the spool and then insert film cannister and spool in the
camera.  I then open the shutter (and hold it open) and give the film
a nudge into place through the lens opening (lens removed)with my
thumb or forefinger.  I put the bottom plate in place and the lens
back on.  I am then ready to go.  It may take a couple of seconds
longer that way but I don't have to sit down and precut a bunch of
film nor carry a template with me if I don't have precut film.

It works for me.

db