Subject: [Leica] loading TMLs
From: Stephen Kobrin <skobrin@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:36:02 -0700 (PDT)

When I load my IIIF I take a small nail scissors and cut the leader
back so the new leader is long enough to reach both sprockets, being
careful not to cut in the middle of a sprocket hole on the film.  The
only problem I have had is not engaging the film correctly on both
sprockets; my IIIF just takes some wiggling of the film to make sure
the holes and teeth line up.  I really do not think you need the
template; its sounds like one more thing to forget someplace.  If the
cut leader is too long, just shove some back into the cannister.

Steve