Subject: Antw: [Leica] Good Deals on R8's?
From: "Pascal" <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:26:38 +0200

>What contact R8 problem?
>
>ted

Leica Tech Service did a complete R8/winder checkup when I was in Solms, and
they replaced contacts both in the body and in the winder spontaneously.
The only trouble I had ever had with it, was that when I first mounted the
drive, it wouldn't work. It worked on the second try. So I guess, there must
have been something not 100% right with the winder contacts.
The R8 I have is my second one, got it in Sept 97 (the first one from April
97 couldn't be tested with the winder).

Pascal

Check out my personal photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
PowerPC G3... listen carefully and you can hear the sound of Pentium chips
being eaten for breakfast