Subject: Re: [Leica] Telyt 20cm f/4.5
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:44:28 EDT

That lens was the predecessor of the much-renowned 200 f4 Telyt-V.  I
shot with it but it was so long ago, anad I never compared it to the
later lens.  I do not remember whether the mirror in the Viso I cut off
the image, but I do know Leica made a separate finder for that lens which
fit into the "flash" shoe on the side of the Viso.  I'm guessing that
with the right combination of adaptors and some trial-and-error one could
use it on a Viso II/III, but again it's been so long since I've had that
lens I'm vague on those details.  At the time I had that lens I was
already shooting a Nikon F so that was where 99% of my over-135mm work
was.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:30:20 -0700 "Kent  Smith" <unipac@teleport.com>
writes:
>I have a Telyt 20cm f/4.5 for use with a Viso 1.  I believe the lens
>was
>made in 1950, according to the serial number.  It appears to be
>coated.
>Does anyone have experience with using this lens?
>
>thanks
>
>Kent Smith
>unipac@teleport.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]